Six Reasons Why Fall Is the Best Time to Schedule Furnace Maintenance
The outdoor temperatures are dropping, which means you’ll want to crank up the heat in your home to stay nice and toasty throughout the winter. Before you touch that dial, though, be sure you’ve called for HVAC service in St. Louis, MO! This post will cover a few of the top reasons why it’s so important to schedule furnace maintenance each fall:
- Safety: From carbon monoxide leaks to starting a fire, heaters can be dangerous units. You can ensure your furnace is as safe as possible by having it inspected by a professional. An HVAC technician will pore over every detail of your heater to ensure there are no cracked components that could create a carbon monoxide leak or any blocked vents that could lead to a fire.
- Lower bills: The dirtier your unit is, the harder it has to work to put out heat for your home. And the harder your furnace has to work, the more energy it uses up, leading to higher bills each month. Though you can clean some components of your unit by yourself, you should hire a professional for a full cleaning and unit tune-up each fall. This service isn’t free, but it’ll save you a boatload of money throughout the winter.
- Maintain energy efficiency: A clean and well-maintained unit uses 25 percent less electricity than one that isn’t. Not only is this saving you money, but it’s also helping out the environment.
- Avoid breakdowns: Nothing’s worse than waking up and finding that your furnace stopped working in the middle of the night. Not only will you be without heat until a technician comes out, but you’ll also have to pay an arm and a leg to have your unit fixed. The best way to prevent this scenario is to call for HVAC service in St. Louis, MO today. One of our HVAC pros will tune up your unit to ensure it doesn’t kick the bucket in the dead of winter.
- Prolong unit lifespan: You want your furnace to last for as long as possible, so be sure to call for routine maintenance each fall. Professional maintenance has proven to increase the average lifespan of heaters by 30 to 50 percent. A well-maintained furnace lasts for up to 20 years, while one that’s left untouched may only last for about 10.
- Retain warranty: Each furnace comes with a warranty, but be sure to read the fine print! Many manufacturers put language in there stipulating that the unit must be professionally maintained—otherwise, the warranty is voided. Though it might not sound fair, it does make sense. Furnace manufacturers know the value of an annual maintenance check, and they don’t want to pay to replace a unit that was neglected by its owner.
Don’t wait one more day to call for HVAC service in St. Louis, MO! Reach out to Ashley Brothers Heating & Cooling today to schedule furnace maintenance or have a new furnace installed. We provide a whole host of heating services to meet all of your needs this winter.