Now that spring is here and things are finally starting to warm up, it’s a good time to take care of your HVAC system and make sure it’s ready for the cooling season. After months without being used, your AC system likely needs some maintenance, cleaning and service to get it up and running again while maximizing its performance and efficiency. Keep reading for the professional tips you need to get your system ready for spring with maintenance and HVAC service in St. Louis, MO.
Effective HVAC maintenance doesn’t have to be very complicated. All it takes is a little bit of time, energy and efficiency to get your system working as effectively and efficiently as possible throughout the spring and summer months. Here are a few simple steps to follow to get your HVAC system ready for the coming seasons:
- Check your system’s performance: Turn your system on and observe how it works to find out whether any repairs might be necessary before the spring and summer. Listen for unusual noises and check for any signs of performance issues that should be addressed before you start using your system more frequently as the weather heats up.
- Clean up your unit: It’s normal for HVAC units to accumulate debris over time, so make sure to clean your unit to prepare it for the spring. Clear away debris, cut back grass and wash your outdoor unit to promote effective airflow. Cleaning your system also minimizes damage and prevents corrosion to extend the lifespan of your unit.
- Inspect ducts and change filters: Cleaning ductwork and filters is a very effective way to boost the performance of your HVAC system. Inspect your ducts to check for an accumulation of debris and dust, and invest in duct cleaning services from a professional HVAC company if necessary. Change your filters regularly to promote airflow and minimize obstructions that contribute to energy waste and poor indoor air quality.
- Get professional maintenance services: Schedule a service appointment with a professional HVAC technician to get your system tuned up and ready for spring and summer use. A professional technician will also identify any problems that require repair to maximize the performance of your system.
- Invest in proactive repairs: If your system is damaged or there are any mechanical issues with your AC unit, invest in repairs as soon as possible. Delaying HVAC repairs can make problems worse and lead to more extensive damage and serious HVAC malfunctions down the road. Avoid the cost, hassle and downtime of extensive system repairs by investing in any necessary improvements as soon as possible.
Schedule HVAC service in St. Louis, MO
For high-quality HVAC service in St. Louis, MO to get your system ready for the spring and summer months, reach out to Ashley Brothers Heating & Cooling. We offer comprehensive HVAC services, including maintenance, repairs and installation, for commercial and residential customers alike. Our experienced technicians can help you get your system prepared for safe, effective and efficient operation during the cooling season. Find out more about everything we have to offer by giving our team a call today.