There are many reasons to contact a heating or air conditioning repair company. It is a good idea to have a technician inspect your air conditioning system in spring, and your heating unit in fall. This ensures your equipment is running properly and is ready for regular use. Another reason is that regular maintenance helps to keep your HVAC system running efficiently, and of course, you might need an HVAC contractor if something breaks. Whatever your reason for needing a technician, it pays to hire quality HVAC companies in St. Louis, MO. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Reviews: A good way to get valuable information regarding a company’s reputation is to read previous client reviews on the Internet. There are always going to be a few negative reviews, but the overall message should indicate that the company offers quality service for reasonable prices. You might also consider asking a company directly for some references, as well.
- License and certifications: Make sure the company is licensed to operate in your area and has required certification for the type of work they are doing. Every area has its own regulations concerning HVAC work. It is a good indicator of professionalism when the company abides by local laws and regulations.
- Professionalism: Professionalism means that a company has a stable address and contact number, and provides quality customer service over the phone. First impressions matter, and the way the contractor handles your communication can be a good indicator of how they will handle the project itself. Before hiring any HVAC companies in St. Louis, MO, make sure they are an accredited and insured business that offers truly professional service.
- Guarantees: When it’s your time and money on the line, the fine print matters. You want to hire an honest company that values the satisfaction of its customers. Do they offer some type of guarantee? Are warranties available? What are their policies if your new HVAC unit should break down? Most quality HVAC companies are willing to stand by their work by offering a guarantee or warranty on the work and equipment.
- Insured: Another part of hiring a reliable HVAC company is making sure that they are insured. A company without insurance can put you in what is possibly a bad situation, especially if liability for an injury is called into question. Avoid this type of situation by asking up front if the company has insurance.
- Put everything in writing: The costs of HVAC repair and installation can add up. Before you commit to having any work done, ask for a written estimate. Likewise, if you are looking at more substantial work, get a proposal with all the equipment, specifications and price details in writing. Even guarantees or warranties should be put in writing in order to protect you and the company.
By following these simple tips, you should have no problem finding quality HVAC companies in St. Louis, MO. Give Ashley Brothers Heating & Cooling a call today to talk about heating and air conditioning repair, maintenance and replacement.