If you have a furnace, then you are aware of its importance in your home’s heating system—it’s the part of the system that generates the heat used to warm your house during cold weather. But for your furnace to operate properly, it must be inspected and cleaned periodically, especially the heat exchanger. A furnace’s heat exchanger is an internal device designated for moving heat from one component to another through coils specifically designed for heating the air. Basically, this part of the furnace is designed to heat up the indoor air, and thus keep you warm during the coldest months of the year.
Regular maintenance is the smartest way to keep yourself and your family warm and cozy all winter long, as well as prevent expensive fixes and even avoid furnace unit replacements. There are many ways you can benefit from furnace cleaning in St. Louis, MO—here are five of those benefits:
- It won’t have to work as hard: It’s a fact that furnaces with a clean filter and clean components will run more efficiently, thus providing better heat and healthier air to breathe. On the other hand, a dirty furnace covered in a layer of dust and grime will be required to work harder and longer to get warm air to you. If your furnace has to work harder, then you’ll have to work harder, too, in order to be able to pay for costly heating bills this winter!
- You’ll be able to run it safely: Taking the time for furnace cleaning in St. Louis, MO can save you from having to shell out costly replacement prices for an entirely new furnace unit, and possibly even its components that run throughout the home. But more importantly, neglecting to clean the heat exchanger can lead to cracking, which can allow poisonous carbon monoxide gas to seep into your home.
- You’ll have better indoor air quality: Because the furnace goes to work every time you turn the heater on, a first step toward better indoor air quality is to clean reusable filters or replace disposable filters. Your furnace’s filter is made to catch air contaminants, which contribute not only to allergies, indoor stuffiness and breathing issues, but also to furnace inefficiency.
- It will last a long time: From the furnace filter to the heat exchanger, motor and electronic controls, keep your furnace and its components going strong for years to come with proper maintenance. Clean and take care of your furnace, as dirty parts cause premature aging and lead to eventual damage.
- Maintenance will be easier: Overall, cleaning your home furnace regularly will make life easier when the cold weather is here to stay. Turn off the furnace, make sure the filter is clean of all dirt and debris by vacuuming or washing and drying it (if reusable) and wipe down the unit of any buildup. For additional reassurance, consider calling in the pros from time to time for a heater tune-up.
Preventative home maintenance is of the utmost importance and should be at the top of every homeowner’s to-do list. By not skipping furnace cleaning in St. Louis, MO, you can rest assured your home will remain comfortable and warm through the chilly winter months. Call Ashley Brothers Heating & Cooling today to schedule an appointment.