With winter approaching, now is the time to get your home winterized and ready for the season. An HVAC service in St Louis, MO can help you get your home ready for winter by ensuring your heating system is ready for operation and your cooling system is prepared for its long hibernation. Here are some ways an HVAC service can help get your home ready for winter:
- Change filters: Dirty filters are one of the most common problems when a furnace doesn’t work properly. It can make your heating system run inefficiently, and can even cause it to stop working at all. Changing your filters now can get you ready for the winter and will save you from a repair necessitated by clogging.
- Drain AC lines: This is a must, as you don’t want to suffer damage to your AC system during winter. Because any water left in your AC lines can freeze, you need to make sure they are properly drained to prevent this. This is as simple as letting them release any stored water, and an HVAC service in St Louis, MO can help you perform this task. This is also a good time to turn the water off at your outdoor spigots to ensure they don’t freeze.
- Plug drafts: Are there areas of your home that are letting in cold air? If there are, this can increase your energy bill each month, as your heat is literally going out your windows. Inspect your home for areas where air from the outside is coming in, and plug these holes as best you can. You can use a draft stopper to eliminate the cold air from coming in, or have repairs performed to remove the draft completely. An HVAC service in St Louis, MO can help you identify common draft areas and give you ideas for preventing cold air from getting in.
- Seal ducts: When your air ducts leak, this can prevent proper heating in your home. Looking for cracks and holes in your duct work can save you money on your energy bill by sealing these areas to prevent air from escaping through them. An HVAC service in St Louis, MO can inspect your ducts for signs of leaks and repair any damaged areas to ensure you have good airflow in your heating system all through the winter.
- Check your heating system: One of the most important things an HVAC service in St Louis, MO can do for you is give your heating system a checkup. They will be able to perform a maintenance check on your furnace and make sure that it will operate correctly through the winter. They will clean all components and check your thermostat to ensure that it is holding temperature and functioning correctly.
Winterizing your home now will have you prepared for the cold weather season. An HVAC service in St Louis, MO can help you get your home ready and ensure your heating system works properly come winter. For HVAC service at your home or business, contact Ashley Brothers Heating & Cooling. We are seasoned HVAC contractors with technicians who are skilled in all areas of heating and cooling. Let us identify any issues preventing effective winterization and perform any necessary repairs to your heating system before the cold weather starts!