Keeping your house clean is an essential part of being a homeowner. The cleaning work never really stops; you dust, sweep, vacuum, clean your bathrooms and tidy up whenever there’s an accident. But did you know that cleaning parts of your house you can’t see is just as important as cleaning your kitchen and bathroom? It’s true! Here are several reasons why experts recommend yearly furnace cleaning in St. Louis, MO:
- Increase efficiency: Even the best furnaces become less efficient over time. Dust and other debris can coat the blower motor, switches, heat exchanger and the ignition system. When that happens, the furnace will slowly lose its ability to properly heat your home. If you call one of our technicians to service your unit, you’ll rest assured that we can clean out all of the debris to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Avoid safety issues: Furnaces can be very dangerous fixtures. A faulty or dirty furnace poses the very real threat of starting a fire or spewing deadly carbon monoxide gas into your home. Old filters and clogged vents can lead to fires. What’s maybe even scarier is that a dirty heat exchanger is in danger of cracking, which can lead to carbon monoxide leaks! Carbon monoxide can lead to serious health issues rather quickly.
- Extend the life of your furnace: A clean furnace is the key to a long-lasting unit. Dirt that gets into your furnace’s switches drastically ages critical components of your unit. Electrical switches and controls, the fan and blower motor and the heat exchanger are all necessary for a fully functioning unit. They also need to be kept clean at all times. Only a professional technician can properly clean all of these vital components.
- Retain your warranty: Most furnaces come with some kind of warranty. However, some warranties become void if the manufacturer finds out you haven’t been taking proper care of your unit by having it serviced regularly. Yearly preventative maintenance that includes furnace cleaning in St. Louis, MO will help keep your warranty intact throughout your furnace’s lifespan.
In addition to hiring one of our professionals to clean your furnace, there are steps you can take to help keep the unit clean:
- Change the filters: You’re responsible for changing your unit’s air filters between annual maintenance and cleaning visits. Furnace filters can be purchased at any home improvement store for a few dollars. Just be sure that you purchase the exact size specified by the manufacturer of your furnace.
- Keep the area around your furnace tidy: Dusting and sweeping around your unit can do wonders to improve the functionality of your furnace. Just think: all of that dust in the unit has to come from somewhere—probably from the floor and ceiling. Make sure you take care of that debris before it has a chance to get inside your unit.
Since this is the time of year when you’ll be using your furnace the most, call Ashley Brothers Heating & Cooling today to schedule a visit from one of our professionals for furnace cleaning in St. Louis, MO.