Your Air Conditioning Service in St. Louis, MO Recommends Changing Your Air Filter Every Month
When was the last time you changed the air filter in your AC unit? If it has been a while, you may want to consider changing it sooner rather than later. According to your air conditioning service in St. Louis, MO, changing your air filter every month can greatly improve the performance of your cooling system, as well as provide you with the following benefits:
- Increase your AC unit’s life: Simply changing your air filter on a regular basis can actually make your air conditioner last longer. Because your AC unit won’t have to operate as hard or as often to cool your home, it doesn’t have to put as much stress or strain on its This will likely allow you to get a few more years out of your cooling system.
- Decrease repairs and breakdowns: Your air conditioning service in St. Louis, MO also recommends changing your air filter to reduce the number of repairs that you need. A clogged air filter can cause your AC unit to stop working, causing you to have to call for repairs more frequently. It also can prevent wear of the internal components, allowing your air conditioner to stay up and running longer.
- Reduce your energy costs: With a change of the air filter, you can literally allow your air conditioner to breathe a little easier. It will be able to operate less often to keep your home cool, helping you to reduce your energy costs as a result. In fact, your air conditioning service in St. Louis, MO estimates that you can save 5 to 15 percent on your cooling costs just by changing the air filter each month. This is a significant benefit that can help to reduce your overall energy costs during the summer months.
- Improve your air quality: When your air filter is clogged with dust and dirt, your AC unit blows it right into your home. This can cause the air in your house to fill with allergens, dust and even mold, making it harder to breathe. A clean air filter promotes improved air quality in your home, allowing allergy sufferers and family members with respiratory problems to breathe better and have reduced symptoms as a result.
- Keep your home cleaner: The dust and dirt that is on your air filter also spreads throughout your home as your AC unit blows air through it. This can cause your home to get a layer of dust on its surfaces and make it more challenging for you to keep it clean. Your air conditioning service in St. Louis, MO suggests keeping your air filter clean to make sure your home doesn’t build up with unnecessary dust.
Remember that your air conditioning service in St. Louis, MO recommends changing your air filter every month, so you too can take advantage of these cooling benefits. When your AC unit needs a tune up, call Ashley Brothers Heating & Cooling. We look forward to helping you stay cool and comfortable all summer long!