The outdoor temperatures are dropping and stormy weather is brewing—winter is upon us, which means you are likely running your home heating system as we speak. Do you have seasonal furnace maintenance on your to-do list? Think back to fall—did you have your furnace looked at for condition and efficiency? If not, then now is the time to get it done to stay warm in your home and prevent expensive repair costs!
Here are five benefits of hiring a professional HVAC service in St. Louis, MO for winter furnace maintenance:
- Longer lifespan: Your furnace will wear down over time. How long it will take before it stops working depends on how often you use it and whether its components have been properly maintained over the years. To avoid the unit breaking down before its time, get it inspected and serviced at least once a year by a professional furnace technician. Another thing to do is test the unit’s startup and running efficiency.
- Increased efficiency: When you schedule an appointment to have a professional perform an annual maintenance check, you can rest assured your furnace will be tested to see that it’s producing an adequate level of heat and that the intake is pulling in enough air. Note that a significantly dirty or clogged air filter can hinder your furnace’s performance, resulting in both inefficient heat levels and higher energy bills. Regular maintenance means better indoor comfort and a fuller wallet this winter.
- Improved safety: Wanting to keep your family, pets and home safe is a natural concern—regular preventative home maintenance can help put your mind at ease. When a technician comes to perform yearly comprehensive furnace maintenance service, they will inspect everything from the unit’s safety features to its connectors and controls to locate any possible problem areas. Professional maintenance can decrease the danger of a possible fire or gas leak, thereby improving your family’s safety.
- Improved performance: Between parts inspections, adjustments and lubrication, you can expect your furnace to heat your home quickly and easily. A warm, comfortable home is important when the outdoor temperature is dropping. After maintenance—assuming there are no major issues—your furnace should be working at peak performance, keeping you warm and happy through the cold winter months.
- Fewer repairs: The key to avoiding costly furnace repair bills is to schedule seasonal inspections with an experienced HVAC technician. They will fully inspect your furnace components and can find small problems and fix them before they get worse. Regular maintenance also means you’ll experience fewer problems and breakdowns during furnace operation. Keep up on furnace maintenance to avoid being left out in the cold this winter.
There are steps you can take as a homeowner to ensure that your furnace lasts and performs well for many years to come. At Ashley Brothers Heating & Cooling, every single HVAC service in St. Louis, MO that we provide is performed by a knowledgeable expert to ensure your home stays warm all winter long. Call us to schedule an appointment today!