Are you considering installing central air in your home or place of business? As an AC service in St. Louis, MO, we know that folks are not usually thinking about air conditioning at this time of year, but it is actually a great time to spring for a new air system, because then you’ll be all set when next summer rolls around!
Before investing in AC installation or AC repair in St. Louis, MO, you will probably want to know how much it is going to cost you. There are actually many different factors that could affect the cost of your AC installation. Here is a rundown of eight of those factors:
- System type: Water-cooled systems, split-duct systems, heat pumps, ductless mini splits—there are a lot of system options when it comes to installing central air! Have a discussion with your HVAC contractor about what would work best for your space and budget.
- Size and capacity: Getting the correct size and capacity system for your home or business is crucial, and will save you money in the long run. A system that is too small will have to overwork constantly, while a too-big unit will keep your home cool, but humid.
- Energy efficiency: If you want a system with a strong efficiency rating, it will cost you a bit more upfront. However, the system will eventually pay for itself in the form of lower energy bills.
- Heating: When installing new central AC, it might be a good idea to also replace your heater, as your AC and heater will need to be compatible to keep your home comfortable. This will, of course, make the entire endeavor more expensive.
- Extras: Humidification systems, air purifiers and other “extras” you add to your new central air system will make your home or business even more comfortable. But they will also add to the overall cost of the replacement.
- New or replacement: Are you investing in an entirely new system for your space? Or are you replacing an existing system that has needed AC repair in St. Louis, MO one too many times? A replacement will be cheaper, because you will already have the basic infrastructure for it.
- Zones: Want to keep your living room cool and your bedrooms warm? If so, you will need multiple zones in your central air system. This will cost more, so talk to your AC service in St. Louis, MO about the best option for you.
- Tax break: Did you know that you could get a tax break for investing in a new central air system for your commercial space? If you install the system before the end of 2018, you will qualify for one heck of a deal—in fact, you might be able to write off the entire cost on your 2018 tax return!
Are you in the market for AC service in St. Louis, MO? If so, please feel free to get in touch with Ashley Brothers Heating & Cooling anytime! We pride ourselves on offering reasonable rates and exceptional service.