Residential and commercial HVAC companies in St Louis, MO are moving toward something better in 2019. This year, manufacturers for the HVAC industry will be introducing products that are said to be both smarter and more efficient. On the innovation front is the push for automation and connectivity in most new HVAC products for home and commercial buildings, all while keeping federal regulations at the forefront. What HVAC industry trends should you be looking for in 2019? Here are a few:
- Commercial rooftop units: The biggest manufacturers of commercial rooftop HVAC units have a goal to meet the two-step U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) efficiency requirements that went into effect last year. Step one increased the minimum efficiency by about 10 percent; step two will require an increase of about 25 to 30 percent by 2023. Higher efficiencies are likely to bring more larger, three-phase, two-speed blower motors and more variable frequency drives to units that didn’t have them before.
- Intuitive residential products: In 2019, preventative maintenance needs and wants in the residential HVAC market are predicted to grow—especially where damaging leaks and malfunctions are concerned. HVACs are now a huge part of smart homes, so much so that the industry is working hard to meet demands for more intuitive systems. There’s no question about it—intelligent HVAC technologies are on the rise.
- Fan efficiency rating for residential furnaces: The HVAC industry is also striving to meet fan efficiency ratings for all residential furnaces. Come July, the fan efficiency rating for furnace motors will see major changes. This aims to save energy and reduce harmful carbon pollution, meaning homeowners with furnaces that meet the requirements can expect to eventually see a reduction in their electricity bills.
Individual business trends
Social media plays a huge role in business success. A strong online presence in 2019 is said to attract people looking for automation and efficiency opportunities as it relates to their HVAC equipment and HVAC service in St Louis, MO. Here’s why:
- Customers can find useful information: Convenience is important to a lot of people. Luckily, the internet makes it easy for consumers to shop around for a variety of home services, and it’s only getting easier as technology advances. For HVAC companies, this means having their sales processes and pricing posted online for immediate reference. Customers can even order products and services right off a website without having to leave the house.
- Creating trust and transparency: No one wants to spend their hard-earned money on low-quality products or bad service. As 2019 moves along, many HVAC companies are doing everything they can to offer customers the transparency they deserve. They want to build trust and remove as much risk as possible for buyers. When companies utilize technology, they can communicate better with their customers. For example, they are able to show a homeowner how much energy they are saving with their new furnace compared to their old, less-efficient unit.
When you need to schedule a time for HVAC repair in St Louis, MO, look no further than Ashley Brothers Heating & Cooling. Reach out to us today to book an appointment or learn more about our services!