Do you have a preventative HVAC maintenance checklist? If you want to keep your AC repair in St. Louis, MO to a minimum, this maintenance is a must. Regular service by a professional technician will help identify problems as early as possible and help prevent further damage down the road.
To properly maintain your commercial HVAC system, use the following checklist. These minor efforts can offer major benefits for your system, your business and your bottom line.
In the Spring and Summer
- Inspect: To keep your AC service in St. Louis, MO running optimally, check the major components at the beginning of each warm season. Check all belts and pulleys to ensure they are in good operating condition. Check the refrigerant charge. If this is low, check for leaks. Check lines and pans for proper drainage. Inspect all electrical connections for secure fitting and safe operation. Verify the proper operation of the fan and blower motor. Test thermostat controls and confirm adequate airflow in the system.
- Clean: A clean commercial HVAC system will operate more efficiently and require fewer AC repairs in St. Louis, MO. Clean the condenser and evaporator coils. Additionally, lubricate the bearings, motors and other moving parts.
- Replace: A clean filter is essential for proper HVAC system operation. Be sure to include filter replacement on your checklist. Replace cooling equipment filters to start the season fresh. If your inspection reveals that belts and pulleys are worn, replace these parts as well.
In the Fall and Winter
- Inspect: When cooler weather approaches, repeat many of the inspections you performed to prep for warm weather, but on your heating systems this time. Inspect the belts and pulleys to see if any replacements are needed. Check the lines and pans for good drainage. Inspect all electrical connections. Check the fan and blower motor for proper operation. Additionally, inspect the ignition and burner assembly and the heat exchanger. These major components of your heating system must function properly to provide smooth heating operations for the season. Lastly, confirm thermostats and other controls are in working order.
- Lubricate: Make sure your system is well lubricated for the season. Lubricate bearings, motors and other moving parts.
- Replace: As with your AC system, your heating system requires proper airflow for optimal functioning. Replace the filter on your heating equipment, and check it regularly throughout the season. If it’s dirty, replace it again.
When was the last time you asked a professional to tune up your HVAC system? Partnering with a professional to complete these maintenance tasks each season is the best way to extend the life of your commercial HVAC system. Your local expert will ensure all tasks are complete and your system is ready for the season ahead.
Contact the Pros
Check off your tasks with Ashley Brothers Heating & Cooling. We’ve been providing top-level commercial AC services and AC repair in St. Louis since 1999. Reach out to us with any questions or to schedule your next maintenance appointment.